Re: LZMA inclusion

Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> On Tue, 9 Dec 2008, Lasse Collin wrote:
> > Is it OK that the decoder allocates memory in the middle of
> > decoding, or must all the memory be preallocated when the decoder
> > is initialized? If everything has to be preallocated, then the
> > initialization function needs an argument to specify how big
> > dictionary must be supported. It doesn't make sense to allocate 1
> > MiB just in case if the caller knows that 128 KiB dictionary is the
> > maximum that will ever be needed.
>
> If you want to make it available through the crypto API, you cannot
> allocate memory in the (de)compression routines theirselves, only in
> the initialization function.

OK, thanks.

My work on the upcoming xz package has been progressing quite OK in the
past two weeks. I suppose that I could start working on the kernel .xz
decoder at some point in January 2009. I will post to linux-embedded
once I have some working code to show (hopefully in February).

--
Lasse Collin  |  IRC: Larhzu @ IRCnet & Freenode