animated graphics on embedded linux systems

Hi,
I am searching graphics libraries that enables animated graphics onembedded linux systems. Here are the requirements for the graphicslibrary:
* Should work or able to work with DirectFB* Lightweight* Doesn't consume memory and cpu power much
So it can be thought that the library will be used for a media centertype application. At that application i want to be able to write someanimation effects for ex for the window part that shows video coversand passing from one to another will be with some animation orpressing a close button will be with some animation or will cause thecurrent window closed with some animation...
I Googled a little but i want to hear some experiences also, if any.There are some graphics libraries suggested for embedded environmentslike Qt Embedded or SDL. I am not sure whether they are suitable dorsuch applications or whether they are memory efficient.
I would like to hear some suggestions
Thanx.
-- Oğuz Yarımtepewww.loopbacking.infoÿôèº{.nÇ+?·?®?­?+%?Ëÿ±éݶ¥?wÿº{.nÇ+?·¥?{±ıé?y×^wø§¶?¡Ü¨}©?²Æ zÚ&j:+v?¨şø¯ù®w¥ş?à2?Ş?¨è­Ú&¢)ß¡«a¶Úÿÿûàz¿äz¹Ş?ú+?ù???İ¢jÿ?wèşf