LZMA inclusion

Hello

There was a small talk a few days ago involving a few of the OpenWrt
developers and David Woodhouse. One of the topics discussed, was a
question about the potential of including LZMA in the kernel.
Such an inclusion would be quite benefitial in terms of embedded
systems, but the major hurdle seems to be the code quality of LZMA itself.
This leads to the question I would like to raise; are there ongoing
plans (or considerations) to rewrite and merge LZMA, and has anyone
started working on it in practical terms?

Sincerely

--
Gregers Petersen
People-stuff, layer 8 and anthropology

           |__| W I R E L E S S   F R E E D O M
  KAMIKAZE (bleeding edge) -----------------------
   * 10 oz Vodka       Shake well with ice and strain
   * 10 oz Triple sec  mixture into 10 shot glasses.
   * 10 oz lime juice  Salute!