Re: Recommendation for activating a deferred module init in the kernel

Gilad Ben-Yossef wrote:
> Well, seeing as both modprobe and a minimal shell are part of busybox
> which is included in over 90%+ of Linux based embedded systems and that
> the script is trivial, not to mention that you can just have the
> application call modprobe directly, just as it will be calling ioctl()
> in your case, thereby negating the need for both script and shell at
> all, I do believe that complexity wise my solution still has some merit.

I agree.  When you say "have the application call modprobe directly",
I'm not sure I understand what you mean.  Are you talking about a call
to the kernel (a syscall) or a library function?  The kernel has the
syscall sys_init_module(), which I'm considering using.  Is there some
mobprobe library call that might make sense to use?

Thanks for the feedback.
 -- Tim