Re: Is there a known boot failure with 6.2-rc and the Intel SDV EFI systems?

On 21.01.23 14:23, James Bottomley wrote:
> On Sat, 2023-01-21 at 14:20 +0100, Linux kernel regression tracking
> (#adding) wrote:
>> [TLDR: I'm adding this report to the list of tracked Linux kernel
>> regressions; the text you find below is based on a few templates
>> paragraphs you might have encountered already in similar form.
>> See link in footer if these mails annoy you.]
>
> This isn't an EFI regression.  It actually bisects to an oops in one of
> my modified TPM drivers which is being initialized early because of
> IMA.  The problem is the EFI console isn't showing it, so I just get no
> output after loading the initrd but, as far as I can tell, this is a
> longstanding problem.

Thx for the update, in that case:

#regzbot resolve: turns out it apparently is a longstanding problem and
not a regression

Everything you wanna know about Linux kernel regression tracking:
https://linux-regtracking.leemhuis.info/about/#tldr
That page also explains what to do if mails like this annoy you.

#regzbot ignore-activity

[Index of Archives]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [ECOS]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]