Re: unusual uefi call/mapping problem

Thanks for the quick reply.

I'm working on the Linux kernel implementation of an draft standard
that has a uefi component.

What standard would that be?

Trusted Computing Group Dynamic Root of Trust Management (D-RTM).

After extracting the physical address of the UEFI service we can't
successfully map it or call it.

You want to call it from the kernel?  Why?  Usually you get a "virtual"
address to call UEFI things, and then use efi_call_virt?(), why can't
you do that here as well?

If I had a virtual address I would be a happy man. I have a physical address and my attempts to turn it into a virtual one that is callable have been unfruitful.

2) Various methods to map in the physical address into virtual
address space and then call the virtual address.  All of these have
failed.

Why?  What have you done that failed?  Any pointers to code anywhere?

Unfortunately I can't release code until after the spec is public. I believe that will happen in a matter of weeks and not months. Then all work will be shared under gpl and we will work on getting it functional and acceptable for upstream inclusion. I realize not being able to post code now is very limiting.

Are you trying to do this before we switch to virtual mode, or after?

After.  We are trying to do this well after all userspace has started.