Re: USBVision device defaults

On Mon, 29 Jun 2009, Thierry MERLE wrote:

> I remember a guy that did the trick with the vloopback device.
> Searching a bit on the Internet, it seems that flashcam
> http://www.swift-tools.net/Flashcam/ can be convenient for your needs.

Looks like a useful tool, it certainly keeps the video device active.

Unfortunatly it doesn't really solve my problem, since it still starts the
usbvision device up with default settings and the vloopback device dosn't
seem to support pushing through config parameters set using v4ctl to the
original underlying video device.

It does however fix another problem I had which was that flash caused
firefox to freeze when you exit the page containing the flash webcam
applet.

Tim W

--
Tim Williams BSc MSc MBCS
Euromotor Autotrain LLP

Web : http://www.autotrain.org
Tel : +44 (0)121 414 2214

EuroMotor-AutoTrain is a company registered in the UK, Registration
number: OC317070.