Re: DVB-T USB dib0700 device recomendations?

On Sun, Apr 12, 2009 at 12:17:40AM +0200, H. Langos wrote:
> I've been trying to minimize energy consumption and noise on my vdr system.
> One of the most important factors apart from a hardware pid filter seems to
> be the usb buffer size. I've collected some data about that on my wiki user
> page: http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/User:Hlangos
>
> Greping through the sources I've seen that the dib0700 driver uses a HUGE
> usb buffer of 39480 bytes. This looks very promising. But before running
> out in the street and buying the first dib0700 device I'd like to know if
> there are any devices that are
>
> - especially good (sensitive reception, fast switch time, sensible tuner
>   data (usable for comparing different antennas) and so on)
>
> or
>
> - especially bad (invers of the above plus hardware bugs, annoyances and so
>   on..)
>
> any feedback is appreciated.
>
> cheers
> -henrik
>
> PS: A "full" remote (not one of those pesky credit card sized things that get
> eaten by the hoover) would be a plus.

Just to remind ppl what the dib0700 driver supports:

# grep "{   \"" dib0700_devices.c | sort
                        {   "Artec T14BR DVB-T",
                        {   "Asus My Cinema-U3000Hybrid",
                        {   "ASUS My Cinema U3000 Mini DVBT Tuner",
                        {   "ASUS My Cinema U3100 Mini DVBT Tuner",
                        {   "AVerMedia AVerTV DVB-T Express",
                        {   "AVerMedia AVerTV DVB-T Volar",
                        {   "Compro Videomate U500",
                        {   "DiBcom STK7070PD reference design",
                        {   "DiBcom STK7070P reference design",
                        {   "DiBcom STK7700D reference design",
                        {   "DiBcom STK7700P reference design",
                        {   "Gigabyte U7000",
                        {   "Gigabyte U8000-RH",
                        {   "Hauppauge Nova-T 500 Dual DVB-T",
                        {   "Hauppauge Nova-TD-500 (84xxx)",
                        {   "Hauppauge Nova-TD Stick (52009)",
                        {   "Hauppauge Nova-TD Stick/Elgato Eye-TV Diversity",
                        {   "Hauppauge Nova-T MyTV.t",
                        {   "Hauppauge Nova-T Stick",
                        {   "Hauppauge Nova-T Stick",
                        {   "Leadtek Winfast DTV Dongle (STK7700P based)",
                        {   "Pinnacle Expresscard 320cx",
                        {   "Pinnacle PCTV 2000e",
                        {   "Pinnacle PCTV 72e",
                        {   "Pinnacle PCTV 73e",
                        {   "Pinnacle PCTV Dual DVB-T Diversity Stick",
                        {   "Pinnacle PCTV DVB-T Flash Stick",
                        {   "Pinnacle PCTV HD Pro USB Stick",
                        {   "Pinnacle PCTV HD USB Stick",
                        {   "Terratec Cinergy DT XS Diversity",
                        {   "Terratec Cinergy HT Express",
                        {   "Terratec Cinergy HT USB XE",
                        {   "Terratec Cinergy T Express",
                        {   "Terratec Cinergy T USB XXS",
                        {   "Uniwill STK7700P based (Hama and others)",
                        {   "Yuan EC372S",
                        {   "YUAN High-Tech STK7700PH",

cheers
-henrik