DVB-T USB dib0700 device recomendations?

I've been trying to minimize energy consumption and noise on my vdr system.
One of the most important factors apart from a hardware pid filter seems to
be the usb buffer size. I've collected some data about that on my wiki user
page: http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/User:Hlangos

Greping through the sources I've seen that the dib0700 driver uses a HUGE
usb buffer of 39480 bytes. This looks very promising. But before running
out in the street and buying the first dib0700 device I'd like to know if
there are any devices that are

- especially good (sensitive reception, fast switch time, sensible tuner
  data (usable for comparing different antennas) and so on)

or

- especially bad (invers of the above plus hardware bugs, annoyances and so
  on..)

any feedback is appreciated.

cheers
-henrik

PS: A "full" remote (not one of those pesky credit card sized things that get
eaten by the hoover) would be a plus.