Re: Technotrend Budget S2-3200 Digital artefacts on HDchannels

On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 10:14 PM, Manu Abraham <abraham.manu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Alex Betis wrote:
>> It won't. All you will manage to do is burn your demodulator, if you happen
>> be that lucky one, with that change. At least a few people have burned
>> demodulators by now, from what i do see.
>>
> What are the symptoms of burned demodulator? How can someone know if its
> still ok?

The first time i saw it was that the DVB-S2 demod was returning no
carrier. After some time it was stating timing error for DVB-S as
well. Finally it all ended up with demodulator I2C ACK failure, and
eventually a frozen machine after a week (my test boxes run throughout)

Touching the demodulator, i happened to have almost a burned finger.
I wanted to know whether this was a single case. During the
development phase, i did mention it to Julian about this, since he
was the very first person to test for the stb0899 driver. He
jovially laughed about a burned demodulator and a finger, left his
machine on after i did some tests on it. Eventually he too had the
same results. Finally we changed cards.
What frequency did you use to burn it?

I didn't see anyone here on the list that reported a hardware failure so far.

By the way, Igor returned the chip frequency for 27.5 channels to 99MHz and raised it a bit for higher SR channels, so there is no danger for majority of the users.

> Does your mantis driver work ok with such channels?

I don't have such channels. Tested with a max of 27.5 MSPS

Regards,
Manu