Re: How to use scan-s2?

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 7:32 PM, Darron Broad <darron@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
In message <c74595dc0901260753x8b9185fu33f2a96ffbe13016@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Alex Betis wrote:

lo

<snip>

>The bug is in S2API that doesn't return ANY error message at all :)
>So the tuner is left locked on previous channel.
>
>There are many things that can be done in driver to improve the situation,
>but I'll leave it to someone who has card with cx24116 chips.

When tuning the event status should change to 0 and if
it stays that way the tuning operation failed.

If you read the frontend status directly then you will
retrieve the state of the previous tuning operation
that suceeded.
What do you call an event status and what direct status?

scan-s2 uses FE_READ_STATUS that always success and indicates channel lock, even if cx24116 driver returned an error due to AUTO parameters.

If this the above is not true then it needs investigation.

cya