Re: MC44S803 frontend

Jochen Friedrich wrote:
> Hi Roberto,
>
>> Is there any plan to include this frontend in mainline kernels?
>> I used to run this driver months ago and it was working well.
>
> The reason is the huge memory footprint due to the included frequency table.
> I worked a bit on the driver to get rid of this table. Could you try this version:
>
> 1. Patch for AF9015:
>
> http://git.bocc.de/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=dbox2.git;a=commitdiff;h=e5d7398a4b2d3c520d949e53bbf7667a481e9690
>
> 2. MC44S80x tuner driver:
>
> http://git.bocc.de/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=dbox2.git;a=blob;f=drivers/media/common/tuners/mc44s80x.c;h=b8dd335e64b03b8544b4c95e2d7f3dbd968078a0;hb=4bde668b4eca90f8bdcc5916dfc88c115a3dfd20
> http://git.bocc.de/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=dbox2.git;a=blob;f=drivers/media/common/tuners/mc44s80x.h;h=c6e76da6bf51163c90f0ead259c0e54d4f637671;hb=4bde668b4eca90f8bdcc5916dfc88c115a3dfd20
> http://git.bocc.de/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=dbox2.git;a=blob;f=drivers/media/common/tuners/mc44s80x_reg.h;h=299c1be9a80a3777fb46f65d6070965de9754787;hb=4bde668b4eca90f8bdcc5916dfc88c115a3dfd20

Is it possible to add this driver to the linuxtv.org repo? My, or Manu
or you? Looks like there is only one device using this driver currently.

Also Manu's original mxl500x driver seems to be much more sensitive than
current mxl5005s. I don't know what we should do with this driver, but
from users perspective this situation is not good. There is rather many
devices using this tuner.

> Thanks,
> Jochen

regards