Re: xc3028 config issue. Re: Why I need to choose better Subject: headers [was: Re: Why (etc.)]

On Mon, 22 Sep 2008 07:46:34 +1000
Paul Chubb <paulc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>        I have integrated all the advice give with some success.
> Australia has five companies who transmit each having a number of
> channels. I am finding that using scan, tzap and mplayer I can always
> view all southern cross ten channels however HD is without sound. I can
> view all SBS channels.
>
> I have been playing with the offset Mauro suggested in generid_set_freq.

Ok. I'm assuming that the patch were correct, so I'm applying it.

> 2) in xc2028_set_params in tuner_xc2028.c it adds 200khz to demod

This is needed by design on xc2028/3028. Hmm... xc3028XL has some differences
here, at the firmware... Maybe you have those newer tuners. If so, you'll need
firmware v3.6, instead of v2.7.

> 3) in generic_set_freq in the same file it has a -500khz offset which I
> was playing with

This is something specific for Australia, based on some tests from one DVB
developer that used to live there.

Cheers,
Mauro