Re: xc3028 config issue. Re: Why I need to choose better Subject: headers [was: Re: Why (etc.)]

Hi,
       I have integrated all the advice give with some success.
Australia has five companies who transmit each having a number of
channels. I am finding that using scan, tzap and mplayer I can always
view all southern cross ten channels however HD is without sound. I can
view all SBS channels.

I have been playing with the offset Mauro suggested in generid_set_freq.
On a zero offset scan will add ABC, however tzap will not use the output
complaining of syntax errors. Hacking the line produces broken up sound
and picture and no fe lock.

On a 250000 offset ABC is not found but Prime stations are all of which
work however their HD channel has no sound.

I am thinking that some channels the stations are broadcasting are wider
than others and that I am overlapping where I am scanning with some.

I am wondering where the best place is to fiddle with the frequency and
whether there is any quick way to zero in?

The three frequency settings I am aware of are:

1) .if2 is set to 45600 in my zl10353 config structure passed in to the
attach

2) in xc2028_set_params in tuner_xc2028.c it adds 200khz to demod

3) in generic_set_freq in the same file it has a -500khz offset which I
was playing with

Cheers Paul

believed to be clean.