Re: unknown v4l symbols from dmesg on reboot

Allan,
          the other thing you could try would be to do an lsmod before
you reload and direct the output into a file. Do the same after the
reload and then do a diff on the two files. This should show if there
are modules being loaded the first time but not the second. Perhaps
there is a rule somewhere that is loading something.

BTW Gentoo is brilliant for keeping up with the latest kernel, that is
one thing I miss having moved to Ubuntu. I chose Gentoo to bootstrap my
knowledge but after a while I stopped learning and then it began getting
in the way:-P

Cheers Paul

believed to be clean.