Re: HVR-4000 driver problems - i2c error

Mika Laitio wrote:
>>> - the firmware is loaded into the card at first time the card is
>>> opened - it
>>> is okay?
>>>
>>> [  917.660620] cx24116_firmware_ondemand: Waiting for firmware upload
>>> (dvb-fe-cx24116.fw)...
>>> [  917.703010] cx24116_firmware_ondemand: Waiting for firmware
>>> upload(2)...
>>> [  922.703870] cx24116_load_firmware: FW version 1.22.82.0
>>> [  922.703889] cx24116_firmware_ondemand: Firmware upload complete
>>>
>>> The result is that only for some channels it is possible to get lock
>>> with
>>> szap2. VDR is hanging (or starting) when trying to tune to initial
>>> channel,
>>> even when this channel is set to channel at which is szap2
>>> successfull. I'm
>>> not able to say criteria which channels are possible to lock.
>>>
>>> Any hints are appreciated.
>>
>> I fixed an issue with cx88 sometime ago where a value of 0 (taken from
>> the cards struct) was being written to the GPIO register, resulting in
>> the same i2c issues.
>>
>> It looks a lot like this.
>>
>> - Steve
>
> I am trying to get the dvb-t tuner working with my hvr-4000 (dvb-s is
> working fine) and have tried both the latest S2 repository and the
> latest version of liplianins multiproto repository with 2.6.26 kernels.
>
> It seems that S2 repository does not yet support DVB-T at all, am I
> correct?  At least the "options cx88-dvb frontend=1" option in
> /etc/modprope.conf prevents adapters to be created at all under
> /dev/dvb. Without that option adapter is created but it can only be used
> for scanning dvb-s.

The ~stoth/hg/s2 has no DVB-T support on the HVR4000 yet. Those patches
will appear very shortly in ~stoth/hg/s2-mfe.

> WIth liplianinis multiproto version the selection between DVB-S and
> DVB-T works by using the "options cx88-dvb frontend=1" but I am seeing
> the i2c
> errors described below.
>
> Could you have any URL and changeset tag to patch in some repository
> where this I2C thing has been fixed?

I'm speculating that your issue is the same issue I fixed sometime ago
(2-3 months in the master repo). I'd suggest you wait for the
~stoth/hg/s2-mfe patches to appear later tonight and test again.

That tree (and ~stoth/hg/s2 for that matter) have the i2c fix I'm
referring to.

- Steve