Re: Technotrend S-1500 and CI - CI not really working with Conax?

2008/9/13  <majamaki@xxxxxxxxxx>:
> I had this impression from linuxtv site that TT S-1500 and CI would be supported..

I am using S-1500 + CI with a T.Rex CAM and Mythtv, no problems at all.

> Anyway card runs fine - I am receiving 2 satellites with multifeed antenna and I was able
> to create channels.conf files for both with scan. szap also locks on channels from both satellites.
> Problem is that the other satellite (Thor) requires Conax card, but when I  CI slot
> it is acknowledged in dmesg by:
>
> dvb_ca adapter 0: DVB CAM detected and initialised successfully
>
> but now I do not get picture even from free channels anymore. szap still locks alright.
> Also interesting is to mention that with gnutv -cammenu I am able to get access to cammenu
> which is in finnish so I assume it is really originating from my conax card.

I am not familiar with Conax system but perhaps you need to do some
setup work in the cam menu? On my T.Rex I had to enter the STB serial
number into the cam menu to enable decryption.

> Also when tuning with gnutv (with Conax card in the slot) I get a lock on a free channel and I can
> watch it then few seconds with mplayer - < /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0 command but after these seconds
> gnutv reports something about CAM (does not look like error or anything like this) and the picture goes
> black.

Have you tried VDR or Mythtv?

Andy