Re: DVB-S2 / Multiproto and future modulation support

Goga777 wrote:
> Hi, Steven
>
> - if new api will be approve, who will update the drivers for stb0899 based cards ?

I suspect Manu has included the stb0899 driver in his recent pull
request, which by definition will have his sign-off. So, people are free
to derive new drivers form his work providing they follow his licensing
rules.

I have one of those boards. Assuming the stb0899 TT-3200 drivers are GPL
- and signed-off for release, if nobody else offers to do this then I will.

> - if new api will be approve, how long time need for first release of updated dvb-s2 drivers for cx24116/stb0899 cards ?

If the API is approved then HVR4000 support will also be included with
that merge.

I don't know the stb0899 driver specifically so I can't say whether it
would be part of the initial merge, but I would expect it to follow
shortly afterwards.

Regards,

- Steve