Re: Compro VideoMate E650 hybrid PCIe DVB-T and analog TV/FM capture card

---Snip----

> Output from scan:
---Snip---

> I then tried to tune to channels using the MythTV backend setup.  I was able
> to add the card but when I tried to scan all Australian channels none were
> detected.
>
> I then added the debugging option as requested and rebooted with 10 second
> power off on power supply switch ie no power to backplane.
>
> With Debugging On:
> root@quark:/etc/modprobe.d# cat cx23885
> options cx23885 debug=1
> root@quark:/etc/modprobe.d# cat zl10353
> options zl10353 debug=1
> root@quark:/etc/modprobe.d# cat tuner_xc2028
> options tuner_xc2028 debug=1
>
> Output from dmesg:
---Snip---

> Again thanks for your help and please let me know if you want me to try
> something else.
>
> Tom

Tom,
(Jackden please try first patch and provide feedback, if that doesn't work for your card, then
try this and provide feedback)

The second dmesg (with debugging) didn't show me what I was looking for, but from past
experience I will try something else.  I was looking for some dma errors from the cx23885
driver, these usually occured while streaming is being attempted.

Attached to this email is another patch.  The difference between the first one and the second
one is that I load an extra module (cx25840), which normally is not required for DVB as it is
part of the analog side of this card.  This does NOT mean analog will be supported.

As of today the main v4l-dvb can be used with this patch and this means that the cx23885-leadtek
tree will soon disappear. So step 2 above has been modified to: "Check out the latest v4l-dvb
source".

Other then that step 4 has a different file name for the patch.

Steps that need to be completed are: 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 9, 10 & 11. (As you have completed the
missing steps already).

If the patch works, please do not stop communicating, as I have to perform one more patch to
prove that cx25840 is required and my assumptions are correct. Once this is completed I will
send it to Steven Toth for inclusion in his test tree. This will need to be tested by you again,
and if all is working well after a week or more it will be included into the main tree.

Regards,
Stephen

--
Nothing says Labor Day like 500hp of American muscle
Visit OnCars.com today.