Re: Fusion HDTV 7

On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 2:14 PM, Matyas Sustik
<linux-dvb.list@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thanks for the quick response!
>
> Michael Krufky wrote:
>> No, you must have used a "car=4" option....  Next time read the error
>> message and it might help you figure out what you did wrong.
>
> I reverted to the stock kernel modules and cx23885 indeed loaded with
> "card=4".  However channel scanning did not find anything.  Since you
> wrote:
>
>> FusionHDTV7 is not supported in 2.6.26.y -- you should use the
>> linuxtv.org modules from the development repository, instead.
>
> I just got the sources again and did make, make install (no make load)
> and rebooted.  Module loaded, dmesg indicated no errors.
>
> Scanning turns up nothing though, I only get:
>> scan /usr/share/dvb/atsc/us-ATSC-center-frequencies-8VSB
> scanning /usr/share/dvb/atsc/us-ATSC-center-frequencies-8VSB
> using '/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0' and '/dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0'
> WARNING: filter timeout pid 0x0000
> WARNING: filter timeout pid 0x1ffb
> WARNING: filter timeout pid 0x0000
> WARNING: filter timeout pid 0x1ffb
> WARNING: filter timeout pid 0x0000
> WARNING: filter timeout pid 0x1ffb
> WARNING: filter timeout pid 0x0000
> WARNING: filter timeout pid 0x1ffb
>
> I picked us-ATSC-center-frequencies-8VSB for the over the air channels (in
> Austin TX), please correct me if I was wrong there.
>
> Is there a way to make sure that the card is receiving anything?  I would
> like to rule out a malfunctioning card.  Does the load of the module indicate
> that some communication has already taken place with the card?
>
> I will try a different cable next.  I can also ask a friend to test-drive the
> card under windows but I would do that as a last resort.  (If there is a
> hardware error on the card I need to return it soon.)
>
>> Did you reboot your machine before trying the new modules?
>
> That was the problem.  It was not clear to me that other than the cx23885
> module need to be updated, that there are dependencies regarding module
> versions.  (The module system is not modular enough it seems; presumably as a
> result of constant changes in the module and kernel interfaces?)
>
> Thanks again for your help!
> Matyas
> -
> Every hardware eventually breaks.  Every software eventually works.

I'm kind of in a rush right now.

I didnt have time to read your whole email, but I just need to point
out that your method is flawed.

#1, as i think I already stated in my previous email, you *need* to
use the v4l-dvb mercurial repository if you want the FusionHDTV7 to
work.

#2, if you are passing card=4, then THAT is why it is not working.
FusionHDTV7 is *not* card 4.  Dont pass anything, let it autodetect.

Good Luck,

Mike