Re: Fusion HDTV 7

Thanks for the quick response!

Michael Krufky wrote:
> No, you must have used a "car=4" option....  Next time read the error
> message and it might help you figure out what you did wrong.

I reverted to the stock kernel modules and cx23885 indeed loaded with
"card=4".  However channel scanning did not find anything.  Since you
wrote:

> FusionHDTV7 is not supported in 2.6.26.y -- you should use the
> linuxtv.org modules from the development repository, instead.

I just got the sources again and did make, make install (no make load)
and rebooted.  Module loaded, dmesg indicated no errors.

Scanning turns up nothing though, I only get:
> scan /usr/share/dvb/atsc/us-ATSC-center-frequencies-8VSB
scanning /usr/share/dvb/atsc/us-ATSC-center-frequencies-8VSB
using '/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0' and '/dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0'
>>> tune to: 57028615:8VSB
WARNING: filter timeout pid 0x0000
WARNING: filter timeout pid 0x1ffb
>>> tune to: 63028615:8VSB
WARNING: filter timeout pid 0x0000
WARNING: filter timeout pid 0x1ffb
>>> tune to: 69028615:8VSB
WARNING: filter timeout pid 0x0000
WARNING: filter timeout pid 0x1ffb
>>> tune to: 79028615:8VSB
WARNING: filter timeout pid 0x0000
WARNING: filter timeout pid 0x1ffb

I picked us-ATSC-center-frequencies-8VSB for the over the air channels (in
Austin TX), please correct me if I was wrong there.

Is there a way to make sure that the card is receiving anything?  I would
like to rule out a malfunctioning card.  Does the load of the module indicate
that some communication has already taken place with the card?

I will try a different cable next.  I can also ask a friend to test-drive the
card under windows but I would do that as a last resort.  (If there is a
hardware error on the card I need to return it soon.)

> Did you reboot your machine before trying the new modules?

That was the problem.  It was not clear to me that other than the cx23885
module need to be updated, that there are dependencies regarding module
versions.  (The module system is not modular enough it seems; presumably as a
result of constant changes in the module and kernel interfaces?)

Thanks again for your help!
Matyas
-
Every hardware eventually breaks.  Every software eventually works.