Re: Is it possible to descramble signal from 2 frontends?

Christophe Thommeret schreef:
> Le Monday 11 August 2008 11:22:43 Jelle De Loecker, vous avez écrit :
>
>> Christophe Thommeret schreef:

>>> No.
>>>
>> That isn't a very helpful answer to his problem, is it?
>> He might have wanted any reply, but trying to be friendly wouldn't have
>> killed you.
>>
>> I'll give this a go:
>>
>> There is a way, called "cardsharing", to decode multiple streams with 1
>> cam.
>>
> CAM != CardReader
>

>> Do note, however, that some people think this is illegal, but that's
>> because cardsharing has a bad name. There are people who perform this
>> "cardsharing" with other people over the internet, which IS illegal.
>>
> Getting control words outside the "secured" area is illegal.
>
>> Because of this most people don't want us to talk about *any *kind of
>> cardsharing, just to be on the safe side.
>> I can follow their reasoning but it still resembles some kind of
>> illogical censor which we should not tollerate!
>> But I digress ...
>>
>> Because this local cardsharing is not illegal (at least not where I'm
>> from), some set top boxes you buy in the store also have multiple
>> (working) tuners, so they perform some kind of internal cardsharing as
>> well.
>>
> It's not a matter of cardsharing. It's of course technicaly possible to have
> one cam beeing feed with streams from different tuners, but not on most PC
> DVB cards like the TT ones where CI is wired to the card.
>

>> Please correct me if I'm wrong or being ignorant ...
>>
> Done.

What is the definition of this "secured" area?

According to you it's perfectly ok to decrypt multiple streams with one
cam... but only if it is with the correct, approved, hardware?

In essence, this is a shortcomming of the TT hardware, can we really
tell people not to fix it using software because it'll break some
ridiculous IP law, or whatever?