Re: dvb mpeg2?

Nico Sabbi wrote:
> On Thursday 24 July 2008 13:13:51 Tim Farrington wrote:
>
>> Tobias Stoeber wrote:

>>> Well if I remember it right, a DVB stream (in MPEG2) is MPEG2-TS
>>> and GOPchop will handle MPEG2-PS!
>>>
>>> Cheers, Tobias
>>>
>> Hi Tobias,
>> Do you mean GOPchop won't open MPEG2-TS?
>>
>> What I'm after is some tool/means which will accurately display a
>> format descriptor for
>> a MPEG(x) file/stream.
>>
>> MPEG2-TS is what is supposed to be the format, but how can I
>> discover if it really is?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Tim Farrington
>>

> www.avidemux.org will open it.
> file file.ts should say something about it

Hi Nico,
I was a huge fan of avidemux until about 2 hours ago when I discovered
that editing a file caused all sorts of grief with a/v sync.
Its doc's tell me to send the file through Projectx first, etc

Hence, I was attracted to gopchop.

All I would like is an mpeg gui editor which can simply edit a file
dumped from
my dvb stream. I've tried many such as Cinerra (I think that's its name),
but this help from Tobias may give me a clue as to why many of them
won't open
these files - they are MPEG2-TS and the apps perhaps need MPEG2-PS

Regards,
Tim Farrington