Potential Linux support for new TerraTec Cinergy HTC USB XS HD ?

Moin!

I'm sure it's far too early, but I thought I'd ask just in case
someone might know more than I do...

Sometime Real Soon Now or Right About Now there should be available
a new USB device from TerraTec, capable of supporting DVB-C and DVB-T,
as well as analog radio/TV, and with a USB2 connection (vital for
successful DVB-C viewing, not critical for SDTV over DVB-T).

Unfortunately, I haven't found detailed hardware info, and what I have
found refers to ``USB 2.0 compatible'', which sounds to me that it
might really be a USB 1 device with inadequate bandwidth for HDTV
or high quality SDTV, like the Cinergy Piranha...

Can anyone say if this device could potentially be supported in the
future, either by vendor-supplied drivers, or by containing supported/
supportable chipsets within?  I suspect it may be some weeks before
anyone can.

There's some Vista/XP 32/64-bit drivers available from TerraTec
recently for download.  Perhaps there will be come useful info
within directory
Cinergy HTC USB XS HD/BDA Driver 5.8.430.0/
such as
; Cinergy HTC USB XS (EM2883 DVB-T & DVB-C & analog TV/FM & audio)
%Cinergy.DeviceDesc% = Cinergy.NTx86,USB\VID_0CCD&PID_008E
or
;;;HKR,settings\OEMSettings,TunerID7        ,0x00010001,21     ;CFG7 = SAM9082

I don't have the device; my inquiries about availability have not
yet turned up positive so I'm not able to think about ordering one,
but if someone has more info or better contacts, and could say
something definitive (like, maybe, or no way) then I'd love to hear
it.  Searches have turned up heaps of press releases but no obvious
technical info.  Of course, it's way early.

If I understand correctly, there are no simple DVB-C devices out there
that have a true USB2 interface, which are supported under Linux,
other than a few significantly more expensive devices, most with
CAM/CI support, which doesn't interest me, so this has caught my
attention.  Also being a hybrid, though conveniently switching
between DVB-T and DVB-C is certainly not practical with one RF input

thanks
barry bouwsma