Re: SkyStar 2 - rev 2.8A

Hi,
On Mon, 16 Jun 2008, Alexandre Conrad wrote:
>>  http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/2008-May/026179.html
>
> So you seem to have working drivers for REV 2.8. Which would save my life. :)
> Although, you can't make them public...

That's the problem. You can say thanks to Conexant (NXP, Philips ?).
Technisat is trying hard (and the LinuxTV people as well) to convince the
people involved...., without success so far.

> So I suppose you are working for TechniSat or you have tight relations with
> them?

No, my relation is not so tight. I'm just an individual is writing some
Linux-drivers for things I want to use.

> I will contact TechniSat here:
>
>  http://www.technisat.com/index5cdb.html?nav=Contact_Hotline,en,34
>
> Alternativly, would you have any recommendations on who to contact directly
> for better impact (maybe off-list)?

No, not at all. On the contrary I heard that the support of Technisat was
not really aware ( 3 weeks ago ), that they are going to release the
linux-driver this time.

> We're really under big pressure and the situation is very
> urgent/critical to us according to our deployment planning.

I'm sorry to hear that, but in that case maybe you need to switch your
supplier.

regards,
Patrick.

--