Re: Signal strength via SNMP?

2008/3/8 Simon Baxter <linuxtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> I'd like to graph the cable dvb-c signal strength in cacti.

I too, would love to find a way to do this.. At this point I'm
part-way-down a path of bash scripts to generate output I can pull in
via a script instead into RRDTool.. Somewhat of a pain, and would be
FAR easier to do it via SNMP directly. You don't have to fight
contention on the DVB device, etc.

Ideally, I'd like to graph all the fields, signal, status, snr, ber,
unc, lock, but for now I'd just be happy to graph success of channels,
like so:

pbsHD: 100
fox: 100
cbs: 100