Re: Recommendations for a DVB-T card for 2.6.24

On Thursday 27 March 2008 09:13:09 Eamonn Sullivan wrote:
> Hi, I'm a long-time linux user (since the early 1990s, pre-1.0), but
> absolutely brand spanking new to mythtv and digital TV cards. I have a
> new PC set up with the latest mythbuntu (beta 8.04, due out in a few
> weeks). I've been trying to get a Nova-T 500 to work reliably without
> much luck. The card (as noted now on the wiki -- unfortunately not
> when I bought it) has serious problems with the new Linux kernel.

I'm running a Nova T500 here on Debian 2.6.24-1-686 with very few problems - 4
disconnects 2 weeks ago shortly after install but fine since.

> I can't get it to work for more than a few hours at a time, and the
> remote is even worse. I'm in London, with a strong signal (and a
> booster too), so I don't think that's the problem.

I'm just inside the M25 near St Albans pointed at Crystal Palace.

]snip]

> I'm going to try an MCE remote, which by all reports
> seems well supported in Linux,

I was using an Igor device for many years but it always seemed too much
trouble to install after an upgrade so I've been using mceusb2 for a long
time with no problems.

> and I'm ready to try a new DVB card(s).
> Dual-tuner is preferred, but I can also just install two.

A standard Nova T worked fine for me for many years and there are a few on
ebay ATM.

Andy