Re: STK7700-PH ( dib7700 + ConexantCX25842 + Xceive XC3028 )

Albert Comerma <albert.comerma <at> gmail.com> writes:

So, to sum up. Using the "standard" configuration of dibcom 7700+xc3028
> you managed to get dvb-t working. Perhaps you have some problem with your
> computer power management and it keeps power on usb while it's off.
> Albert

Well I wouldn't consider that a problem with the computer. Rather a bug in the
driver if it can't handle that situation.

In my case it will always happen. The card isn't a standard usb card, it's a
minipci(express) with a builtin usb-bridge to which the card is connected.

My guess is that something isn't getting inited properly when card has never
been in cold state on bootup. Do you have a hint on where to look for this?

The patch for 7700+XC3028 haven't made it to trunk (to steal a svn term), so
if you by "standard" means, the repo i mentioned in the first post and with
the patch to detect this specific usb card then probably yes.
I've not tested the 1.10 dibcom firmware with a full power off (I have to pull
the powercord for it to coldboot).
Since the error i'm getting now with the firmware from my windows drivers, are
identical to what i kept getting with the firmware on linuxtv, i'd expect that
it'd work if i just coldbooted the computer.

(I wonder if I ever will get used to the multitude of repositores available).