Re: DVB-S DVB-S2 and CI cards working on Linux

Hi,

Le Sun, 16 Mar 2008 14:46:22 -0000,
"Michael Curtis" <michael.curtis@xxxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :
> First of all my thanks to all those engaged in developing drivers for
> the various cards for the Linux OS and my apologies for repeating this
> question previously asked by others
>

> Are there any DVB-S/S2/CI cards that work at present on Linux? If so I
> would really appreciate knowing which ones they are
>
> I have had a TT3200 DVB-S2/CI card for more than a year and I have
> still not got this to work using the Multiproto drivers on Linux, in
> fact it seem that I am going backwards with this card with the latest
> errors appearing in dmesg:
>
> stb0899_search: Unsupported delivery system
>
> This is with the latest drivers from "http://jusst.de/hg/multiproto";
>
> Changeset 7212:b5a34b6a209d
>
> I will gladly offer up the log/dmesg/lsmod information if someone can
> help
>
> At the moment, I feel frustrated and lack the confidence that working
> drivers are are going to be available for this card

I'm a beginner with DVB under Linux but I've written a little how-to
for the TT S2-3200 with Debian.
I don't know how you've installed the driver, but maybe you can find
useful information in my how-to :
http://wilco.homedns.org/debian/s2-3200.html

Please, if you have any remark, tell me ;-)

Good luck.

David.