Re: NXP 18211HDC1 tuner

Jarryd Beck wrote:
>  >  Michael's patch didn't produce any interesting dmesg output. I included
>  >  dmesg for plugging in and tuning with antti's patch.

First errors came from same situation as earlier, no_reconnect. But it
finally still worked.

> Just realised I didn't have debug enabled for Michael's patch. When
> tuning I got lots of this:
>
> tda18271_set_standby_mode: sm = 0, sm_lt = 0, sm_xt = 0
> tda18271_init_regs: initializing registers for device @ 1-00c0
> tda18271_tune: freq = 219500000, ifc = 3800000, bw = 7000000, std = 0x1d
>
> My keyboard was fine this time (that was the point it normally responded
> really slowly), and the driver loaded instantly instead of taking nearly
> half a minute.
> It looks like it might be a step in the right direction, but it's still
> not tuning.
>
> Jarryd.

Frequency control values of the demodulator seems to be ok now. Also adc
and coeff looks correct. It is hard to say where is problem...
Can you test if demodulator can detect TPS parameter automatically? You
can do that inserting AUTO to initial tuning file, for example set FEC
AUTO. And then "scan tuning-file"

regards
Antti
--