Re: NXP 18211HDC1 tuner

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 12:38 AM, Michael Krufky <mkrufky@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Jarryd Beck wrote:
>  >>  I think that the tda18271 driver will work with your tuner, but we may
>  >>  need to make some small adjustments.  If you look in tda18271-fe.c ,
>  >>  you'll find the code that autodetects between a TDA18271c1 and a
>  >>  TDA18271c2 ...
>  >>
>  >
>  > [snip]
>

>  > Also if I could somehow get this working with the right
>  > code, I don't know how to set up the values in the tda182171_config
>  > struct.
>  >

>  Jarryd,
>
>  Assuming that there is no tda829x analog demod present, and that this is
>  a digital-only device, try something like this:
>
>  static struct tda18271_config jarryd_tda18271_config = {
>         .gate = TDA18271_GATE_DIGITAL
>  }
>

>  You should leave .std_map as NULL unless you need to override the default values per standard.
>
>  The value in the ".std_bits" corresponds to the lower five bits in EP3 (register 0x05 [4:0])
>
>  Most likely, the driver's default setting will work for you, but you
>  may find that the vendor chose a different value if you sniff the usb
>  traffic from the windows driver.  This value is directly tied to the IF
>  frequency between the tuner and demod.
>
>  -Mike Krufky

That didn't work, the problem is I can't tell where it's going wrong and
I don't understand usb sniffs. I have a few questions:
When af9015 reads the tuner, the existing tuners set the spectral
inversion state->gpio3. Do you know what state->gpio3 does?
The code then goes on to read the spectral inversion, but there's
a comment there saying it's always 0, and the existing tuners
have theirs set to 1, what should I set it to for this one?

If it's the case that some of the other values in the config are wrong,
how would I go about making sense of a usb sniff?

Jarryd.