Re: TechniSat SkyStar HD: Problems scaning and zaping

Hello,

I have tested again changesets 7201 and 7205 with verbose 5, 2 and 1 scanning 101 transponders on Hotbird (I attach my transponders file -- it is taken and adopted from ProgDvb).

Here are my statistics:

Changeset   Verbose  channels
--------------------------------
7201         1        2152
7201         2        2105
7201         5        2081
7205         1        1760
7205         2        1608
7205         5        1578

It is very strange that using the 7205 changeset (all verbose) Zagros TV for instance and all other channels on transponder
S 11727000 V 27500000 3/4
are NOT found.
But if you try and scan with a transponder file containing just a single line for the failing transponder it works correctly!!! (again 7205 changeset and all verbose).

Moreover, I have noticed that when you scan a single transponder and you have placed only one entry in the transponders file, the program (scan) actually scans more than one, often many transponders. Is it normal? I thought scan only checks the transponders it finds in the file.

Anyway I attach the kernel log of scanning this transponder:
S 10758000 V 27500000 3/4
The transponder itself does not fail, but other transponders it "jumps to" fail. The log was taken with change set 7205 and verbose 5. It is 1.5MB, I hope Manu got it at his private email.

Regards
Vagelis

Manu Abraham wrote:
Vangelis Nonas wrote:
Hello,

I scanned using 7205 changeset. With verbose=5, I get 1801 services. With verbose=2 I get 1725 services.

Using the 7201 changeset with verbose=5 I get 2082 services. I can check for verbose=2 and changeset 7201 if you think it is useful.

It would be nice to see changeset 7201 with verbose=1 and 2, the results.

I have the "feeling" that 7201 behaves better. It is much faster also during scanning( I don't have measurements but I am pretty sure).

You can enable timestamps being output in printk's in the kernel config
to see the timestamps, with which you compare with the start - stop
events in the logs.

Should you need kernel logs for failing transponders either 7201 or 7205 let me know.

Will need the logs for the failing transponders in 7205, to check for the
actual cause.

Regards,
Manu

Regards
Vagelis

Manu Abraham wrote:
Vangelis Nonas wrote:
Hello,

I tried scanning with the 7201 changeset and I believe the results are better than the 7205 changeset. In the former case I get 2082 services on hotbird, in the latter 1722.

Hmm.. Ok.

Can you please get 7205 and load the stb0899 and stb6100 modules with
verbose=2 or 5 as module parameters and see whether it makes any difference ? (ie you see more of the services) ie check whether changing the module parameters
(verbosity level) makes any difference in the number of services found.

I'll shortly send kernel logs for a failing transponder during scan.

And something else:
When I give to scan the parameter -o vdr it will not output the results after a complete scan.

Ok, this i had not added in, will look at this aspect.

Regards,
Manu

.

S 10719000 V 27500000 3/4