Re: TechniSat SkyStar HD: Problems scaning and zaping

Hello,

I attach the timing logs for changsets 7205 and 7201. The funny thing is that when I use 7201 it does NOT have the problem with locking when tuning, as it had before. I tried it 3 times, the third after a full shutdown of the pc and having removed the power for a couple on minutes. It is really strange.

Anyway, both logs were taken with these commands:

../szap/szap -c channels.conf -r "bbc world"
../szap/szap -c channels.conf -r "bbc prime"
../szap/szap -c channels.conf -r "filmnet1"

I'll check how scanning performs with 7201 and let you know

Regards
Vagelis

Manu Abraham wrote:
Vangelis Nonas wrote:
Thank you all for your help,

With the latest changeset I can tune channels correctly. I tried vdr and szap (from Manu).

I dont know how to undo the last changesets and go back to 7200. Please tell me how to do it and I'll get the timings.

clone the multiproto tree

from there, do a partial clone locally

hg clone -r 7200 multiproto multiproto_7200

I also tried to scan Hotbird and it seems that scanning is now consistent when you scan the same transponder more than once.

A full scan produced 1722 channels which is not bad, but it needs improvement. There are about 2200 channels I think.

If you can provide a log with verbose=5 for the channels which it doesn't
scan it will be a bit more helpful. Will need the logs (/var/log/messages)
to debug this as well. The module parameters the same for both the
STB0899 and the STB6100

I attach the log of the scan. It fails to scan certain transponders and I believe (not 100% sure, but I did some testing) that this is consistent across runs.

The log is just the output of the scan utility, will need the output from
the driver and a bit of thoughts.

Regards,
Manu

Regards