Re: TechniSat SkyStar HD: Problems scaning and zaping

On 02/24/2008 06:56 PM, Vangelis Nonas wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I tried scanning with the 7201 changeset and I believe the results are
> better than the 7205 changeset. In the former case I get 2082 services
> on hotbird, in the latter 1722.
>
> I'll shortly send kernel logs for a failing transponder during scan.
>
> And something else:
> When I give to scan the parameter -o vdr it will not output the results
> after a complete scan.
>

> Regards
> Vagelis
>

> Vangelis Nonas wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I attach the timing logs for changsets 7205 and 7201. The funny thing
>> is that when I use 7201 it does NOT have the problem with locking
>> when tuning, as it had before. I tried it 3 times, the third after a
>> full shutdown of the pc and having removed the power for a couple on
>> minutes. It is really strange.
>>
>> Anyway, both logs were taken with these commands:
>>
>> ../szap/szap -c channels.conf -r "bbc world"
>> ../szap/szap -c channels.conf -r "bbc prime"
>> ../szap/szap -c channels.conf -r "filmnet1"
>>
>> I'll check how scanning performs with 7201 and let you know
>>
>> Regards
>> Vagelis
>>

>> Manu Abraham wrote:

>>> clone the multiproto tree
>>>
>>> from there, do a partial clone locally
>>>
>>> hg clone -r 7200 multiproto multiproto_7200

>>> If you can provide a log with verbose=5 for the channels which it
>>> doesn't
>>> scan it will be a bit more helpful. Will need the logs
>>> (/var/log/messages)
>>> to debug this as well. The module parameters the same for both the
>>> STB0899 and the STB6100

>>> The log is just the output of the scan utility, will need the output
>>> from
>>> the driver and a bit of thoughts.
>>>

>>> Regards,
>>> Manu

You might also want to try using transponderlists from joshyfun:
http://joshyfun.peque.org/transponders/kaffeine.html. Network scanning
does not give all channels in some cases.

On the Hotbird, I've got 1921 services, including encrypted radio and TV
channels, but without data services. This is on a (well supported)
Technotrend S-1500, so these should be all channels.