Re: Yuan EC372S (STK7700D based device)

moikka (I love this _expression_),

Michel (the person wich tested the driver, reported the same error as you). But the solution is not trivial, I post his mail about this stuff;

This is the errors he was having (same as you);

scan -c -o zap
using '/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0' and '/dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0'
Network Name 'RTBF BE'
WARNING: filter timeout pid 0x0011
WARNING: filter timeout pid 0x003c
WARNING: filter timeout pid 0x0038
WARNING: filter timeout pid 0x0032
WARNING: filter timeout pid 0x0820
WARNING: filter timeout pid 0x0020
WARNING: filter timeout pid 0x003a
WARNING: filter timeout pid 0x0898
WARNING: filter timeout pid 0x0034
WARNING: filter timeout pid 0x0420
dumping lists (10 services)
[0001]:0:h:0:0:0:0:1
[0002]:0:h:0:0:0:0:2
[0003]:0:h:0:0:0:0:3
[0004]:0:h:0:0:0:0:4
[000b]:0:h:0:0:0:0:11
[000c]:0:h:0:0:0:0:12
[000d]:0:h:0:0:0:55:13
[000e]:0:h:0:0:0:0:14
[000f]:0:h:0:0:0:0:15
[0010]:0:h:0:0:0:0:16

And here is what he says solved it;

Is it a coincidence, but there have been updates in kaffeine (0.8.5-35.pm)  (libxine1, libxine1-dvb version: 1.1.9-1-0.pm , for example) and since then everything works. To be confirmed in time.

So please try if you can use this versions (or newer) and let me know.

Albert

2008/2/20, Antti Palosaari <crope@xxxxxx>:
Albert Comerma wrote:
> It seems ok. Could you test a scan with kaffeine instead of looking for
> a specific location? And if you do so it reports signal strenght?

Kaffeine reports 100% signal strength. There must be some setting wrong
in the driver. Tuner locks to the correct frequency but signal from
uner to demodulator could be wrong and thats why PID-filter timeouts.

Even bad, I cannot snoop it in windows because I did not find all the
required Windows XP drivers for my brand new laptop. Laptop is only
computer I have ExpressCard slot...

> By the way, what does it mean moi and moikka? Hello in finish?

yes :)

regards
Antti

--