Re: Very quiet around Nova-T 500

On Tue, 2008-02-19 at 22:56 +0100, Jonas Anden wrote:> > > There is not a lot being said about the Nova-T 500 the last week.> > > Don´t know if that is a good (coders coding) or a bad (nothin> > > happening)> > > > Or coders busy on other code, or coders who ran out of ideas, or> coders> > enjoying life, etc.> > ..or just waiting for the problem to reappear ;( The trouble with the> second tuner dying is tricky (for me) to isolate.> > As a workaround, enabling full debug (debug=15) on the dvb_usb_dib0700> module has made my system rock solid. I turned on debugging to try to> isolate the issue, but with debugging enabled the problem does not> appear (at least not on my system).> > I haven't really figured out *what* in the debug code is helping yet,> but I still suspect that this is timing-related and the debug code> simply slows things down a bit. Enabling debugging will put a whole> lot> of "junk" in your system log files, but at least the second tuner wont> die on you. If you go this path, make sure your log rotation works as> it> should -- my weekly rotated logs are up to 130 MB in size ;)
Now stop that logging madness and get back to work!
;o)

This is a rather comical situation, though... The debugging tool isproviding a rather unexpected and unwelcomed fix.
Nico