Re: Hauppauge WinTV-HVR4000 and DVB-S2...

Hi Zenon,

your patching and compilation procedure looks completely ok. The dmesg output
looks very well, too.

> I am working on a Debian testing/lenny system. I have tried the above
> with kernels 2.6.22 and 2.6.24. The sample kernel output on the wiki
> says 2.6.26.1. What is the minimum kernel version that must be used
> with multiproto in order for DVB-S2 to work?
I think your only problem is that you did not use a multiproto-aware client
application. The classical szap is not able to tune any non-DVB-S channel, as
it simply doesnt know anything about DVB-S2 and its addtional tuning
parameters.

As an alternative to szap2, you could also try VDR 1.5.14. But beware of the
format of the channels.conf file. It is not fully compatible with the format
understood by szap(2) or older VDR versions.

The kernel version should be not that critical, I'm using versions from 2.6.22
to 2.6.24.

Regards,
  Holger