Re: Help! I cant view video. BUT I can scan!!

Hi,
Am Sonntag, den 10.02.2008, 15:28 +0100 schrieb Per Blomqvist:> Hello Jonas Andren.> (Kom inte o säg att Anden är dansk)> > The Harware I have, I have said.  Its the media-card, is this: > http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Asus_My_Cinema-P7131_Hybrid> (running on a amd64, mother-board m2a-vm.. Inköpt på Kjell&Co byggsats > för 2 veckor sedan...> > I also said that the same Media-card did function (somewhat) on my old > computer (a PII330MHz, though with terrible video result). And it works > in Windows XP. So, the Media-card function.> > I downloaded&installed  linuxtv-dvb-apps-1.1.1.tar.bz2 > <http://www.linuxtv.org/downloads/linuxtv-dvb-apps-1.1.1.tar.bz2>> (and all so called utils: "dvbdate" "dvbtrafick" "scan" and "zap" > worked. BUT, nothing under the test)
you should prefer dvb-apps from mercurial, but that is not so important.
First of all I would like to see relevant "dmesg" stuff for the cardand tuner to see if it is still likely the same card, auto detected andeeprom content unchanged and all chips alive. If you enable i2c_scan=1you look first for the devices found.
Also we never saw, if your firmware upload is successful and if you usepreferably revision 29 with such a card with Low Noise Amplifier.If not, download it from LifeView with the script in /Documentation/dvband do a cold boot. (recent stuff is in a v4l-dvb mercurial snapshot)
Antenna input for DVB-T is FM/RF input.
Can you point to the initial tuning file you are using or to what youbelieve is a valid channels.conf file for you?
It is always worth a try to set all to AUTO in the initial tuning file,except frequency to tune and bandwidth and then use "scan" to create achannels.conf.
If still not, we install the recent v4l-dvb, remove all old modules andmight try to debug from there.
Cheers,Hermann