Re: Help! I cant view video. BUT I can scan!!

The channel isn't encrypted.
(I have tested with many public chanels, that I know isnt encrypted.
Cant get any video out)

Im Debian-tesing user, and this is a freshly installed system. On a amd64..
(as I mentioned, in previous email)

Turns out "/dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0" isnt the only device that doesnt work.
(framebuffer didnt work ether, "/dev/fd0" are missing totaly, regardless
of bootloader vga=791 options or so).

I removed (by now mistake) older kernels when I distupgraded, cant
nerrow down the error search, by testing other linux-kernels.
(since I only have one, the 2.6.22-3-amd64)

And snapshot.debian.net didnt record any older.. Only option left, to
start compilling by myslef.
(but to rough)

Probably testing another distro (Ubunto) next week.

CityK wrote:
> Per Blomqvist wrote:
>> I just signed up for this mailing-list ( I hope this is the right
>> forum..
>
> Hi, yes, you're in the right place.
>
>> I can "dvbscan" and  "tzap", and gets indication of a good signal.
>> BUT, I cant view the video!
>> (from the dvb device)
>>
>> Also "dvbdate" command works (that returns time and date from the
>> air, I presume). But not a command as "dvbsnoop" (that need
>> "/dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr").
>>
>> A sample: ( Its step by step of your guide:
>> http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Testing_your_DVB_device )
>>
>> In one console I run: /.tzap# tzap -r -c channels.conf "TV4 Öresund"
>> ( and are getting lines as:
>> status 1f | signal c3c3 | snr ffff | ber 0000004a | unc 00000000 |
>> FE_HAS_LOCK
>> status 1f | signal c3c3 | snr ffff | ber 0000004e | unc 00000000 |
>> FE_HAS_LOCK
>> AND in another console:
>> mplayer -v /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0
>> (thats basically halts without any further information)
>>
>> ALSO if I type: "cat /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0 > afile.txt"
>> (But then again, "afile.txt" remains empty)
>>
>> Conclusion, /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0 never returns anything. This
>> "/dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr" isnt proper. Must be a Linux-kernel/module
>> problem..
>>

> Not so fast! If the channel is encrypted, this is precisely what you
> will observe ... though, because this is over-the-air that we're
> talking about, this seems less likely to be the case (but you will
> have to confirm nonetheless).
> I'm more inclined to think that this is related to an issue with
> stream identifiers.  Is Sweden using MP4 now? Some further questions,
> what drivers are you using (distro or recent LinuxTV)?
> What dvb-apps ... Christophe had updated the dvb-apps not to long ago
> with some changes in regards to MP4 streams (can't remember the exact
> nature, but perhaps you should grab a new copy from LinuxTV and try
> with those).

Whatever frontend I test, it will not work.
The device, never stream anything.

I can tune, but not view the video.
(thats it)

--