Re: AVerMedia DVB-S Hybrid+FM and DVB-S Pro [A700]

On Donnerstag, 7. Februar 2008, Eduard Huguet wrote:
> Hi,
>     ¿Have you been able to make the DVB-S part work, so? I've been
> trying these days using ZZam's patch only (Tino's one also mentioned in
> the wiki doesn't apply for now), and I was completely unable to get a
> lock on any frequency.
>
> I thought it was because the driver was incomplete (without Tino's
> patch...), but if it works for you then I'll probably need to check my
> antenna, satellite, etc...
>
> My card is the DVB-S Pro simple (not hybrid), but I don't think this
> makes any difference.
>
> Best regards,
>   Eduard Huguet
>

> (PS: sorry for double posting. I forgot to change the subject  title
> before.)

Hi Eduard, Peter!

@Eduard:
Can you please compare the dmesg output (especially the eeprom dump) of your
card to the one listed on the wiki-page.

http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/AVerMedia_AVerTV_DVB-S_Pro_(A700)

@Peter:
1. Maybe you want to start a page in the wiki dedicated to your card.
Or should we check for similarity and merge both of these cards into one page?

At least I am interested in the eeprom content of your card.

I should request some schematics from Avermedia to maybe get gpio controlling
correct. (Like resetting chips, ir ...)

Regards
Matthias

--