Re: AVerMedia DVB-S Hybrid+FM and DVB-S Pro [A700]

Hi, Matthias
   Both lspci and dmesg EEPROM dump are exactly the same as the wiki.

Anyway, let's go with some feedback:

    I've been trying the card with your patch. Apparently the adaptor nodes are created (I solved yet the ordering issue), but I've been unable to find any channel by using neither dvbscan nor Kaffeine. In dvbscan I get these errors:

eduard@mediacenter ~ $ dvbscan -a 2 /usr/share/dvb/dvb-s/Astra-19.2E

scanning /usr/share/dvb/dvb-s/Astra-19.2E
using '/dev/dvb/adapter2/frontend0' and '/dev/dvb/adapter2/demux0'
initial transponder 12551500 V 22000000 5
>>> tune to: 12551:v:0:22000
DVB-S IF freq is 1951500
WARNING: >>> tuning failed!!!
>>> tune to: 12551:v:0:22000 (tuning failed)
DVB-S IF freq is 1951500
WARNING: >>> tuning failed!!!
ERROR: initial tuning failed
dumping lists (0 services)
Done.

In Kaffeine I can also see (during scan) that the signal level is aproximately at 14% and SNR at 51-52%, but it doesn't find any channel. Theoretically I'm getting the DVB-S signal through my main house antennae cable (I double checked this with the installer), as the dishes are on the top of the building and pointed to Astra 19.2, but I don't know if maybe it's giving me a signal too slow for the card. ¿Do you know if there is any amplifier in the card that needs activation (Nova-T 500 does)?

Best regards, and thank you again for your hard work.
  Eduard

En/na Matthias Schwarzott ha escrit: