Re - Lifeview FlyDVB-T (Tuner issues?)

Rob wrote
>Hi,
>
>First of all, I best point out that I'm not as knowledgable with
>regard to Linux or DVB devices as most of the messages on this list
>seem to be, so I hope I'm not asking anything to which the answer is
>too obvious.

>I got a Lifeview FlyDVB-T Duo on ebay. I had initially checked the
>Wiki to make sure it was supported
>(http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/LifeView_FlyDVB-T_Duo) - the
>picture there isn't very good, although my card has the same
>inputs/outputs, it has a heatsink so I can't check it is exactly the
>same layout.

>Anyway, I can't get the digital bit of the card to work - when I try
>to scan no channels are found. I think I've narrowed it down to a
>problem loading the tda1004x module but then I'm lost as to how to
>procede. I've included the relevent dmesg output, lspci -v as well as
>what I get from scan.

>The card works fine in Windows, and I've managed to get another DVB-T
>card working fine in Linux (but took it out now to make things
>simpler) so any help would be appreciated, I can send any other
>info/output that would be of use,

>Thanks,

>Rob

Managed to get a bit further myself - I realized that I need to
provide some firmware. I tried to use the firmware that is listed in
the get_dvb_firware script, for the tda10046 there are two versions
(one for lifeview, one other), both of which give the same dmesg
output (included below), however, neither of which actually let me
find any channels when I scan.

Is there something else obvious that I'm missing?