Re: Consistent kernel crash on latest hg repo with 2.6.24-rc6

Solved!

It turned out the problem was in the external PCI adaptor I'm using to
increase the (rather limited) number of legacy 32-bit PCI slots in my
server system through a PCI-Express slot
(http://www.virtuavia.eu/shop/pci-express-to-pci-expansion-box-p29809.html)

Although the card did get properly detected, it was very unstable,
constantly crashing the kernel. I've removed the external PCI expansion
box, plugged the card directly in the only on-board PCI slot and now it
works perfectly stable.

Lessons learned: don't buy these external PCI expansion boxes.

Erik