Getting a Zarlink ZL10353-based tuner to work.

Hello,

I'm attempting to get a USB DVB tuner working on my Ubuntu 7.10 box
(which is currently running a PCI-based DVB-T tuner card fine). It's
something like this one:

http://www.my-neotionbox.tv/gb/index.php?page=02_NEOTION%20Box%20DTT/02_NEOTION%20Mini%20Box%20T.php&rub=NEOTION%20Box%20DTT

I've opened the casing and have worked out that it's a Zarlink
ZL10353-based unit with a Cypress FX2 chip, and the RF shield has
Philips on it.

Having looked at <http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/DVB_via_USB> and
followed what it says, I'm none the wiser. In:
/lib/firmware/2.6.22-14-generic/

I have:
dvb-usb-wt220u-01.fw

 From what I picked up elsewhere, this may be the correct firmware (the
other usual firmwares are present as well). Following the instructions
on the aforementioned page, when I check dmesg, I don't get much output
(and nothing like the link suggests):

[174659.084398] usb 1-8: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and
address 10
[174659.216657] usb 1-8: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice

The linked page says that the firmware should be downloaded to the
device; clearly this isn't happening, as the device isn't being
recognised properly.

lsusb -v gives the following output:

Bus 001 Device 010: ID 04b4:8613 Cypress Semiconductor Corp. CY7C68013
EZ-USB FX2 USB 2.0 Development Kit
Device Descriptor:
   bLength                18
   bDescriptorType         1
   bcdUSB               2.00
   bDeviceClass          255 Vendor Specific Class
   bDeviceSubClass       255 Vendor Specific Subclass
   bDeviceProtocol       255 Vendor Specific Protocol
   bMaxPacketSize0        64
   idVendor           0x04b4 Cypress Semiconductor Corp.
   idProduct          0x8613 CY7C68013 EZ-USB FX2 USB 2.0 Development Kit
   bcdDevice           a0.01
[..]

Searching for information based on this, I couldn't find anything that
helped me any further. In other words, I'm stuck.

I'd appreciate any assistance that somebody could provide, please.

Thanks,
Anthony.