stuttered sound on playback

> Hello.
>
> I have a VDR box in the basement doing most of my recording.  It has a
> PVR-500 and DVB-C TT-1500 card in it and it runs vdr-1.5.6.
>
> Upstairs I have a fanless box in the living room running vdr-1.5.12.
>
> Some recordings sourced from the PVR-500 have stuttering sound when played
> on the
> fanless box through the FF output, but not when played via
> vdr-xine (a software MPEG2 decoder).
>
> What other tests can I run????  Any ideas?

I've now recorded a series of recordings sourced from a PVR-500 (via VDR
pvrinput plugin) and from a DVB-C card - and it's not conclusive.  I can't
repeat the problem with any new recordings.

All I know is, I have a few 720x576 recordings made which, on playback
through the DVB-C FF card (mpeg-pes), have stuttered sound.  Playback on the
same box with vdr-xine do not have stuttered sound.

Any ideas?