Re: some questions on cx23885/xc3028

Zdenek Kabelac wrote:
> 2007/12/25, Steven Toth <stoth@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
>> Zdenek Kabelac wrote:
>>> Hello
>>>
>>> As I can see - these chips look quite similar to mine AverTV Hybrid
>>> Volar HX. I've checked the official drivers from Aver (version 0.7) -
>> Please don't top post, it get's annoying for everyone. Either start a
>> new thread or quote below the original email.
>
> Ahh sorry about this one - gmail seem to be handling this style of
> answers very well - so I'm using it. I'll try to keep in the right
> order.
>
> I should probably start a new thread.
>
>> AverTV Hybrid Volar HX, shows up on google images as either a USB
>> product or a PCI express product.

Yeah, this isn;t a PCIe product, it's a USB product, so the
cx23885/xc3028 tree isn;t going to help you.

> Unfortunately I could take only snapshot by phone of my USB device -
> but I have tried to rewrite here the numbers from chips
> (when I've opened it ) - it looks actually very different
> from the previous Hybrid Volar model without HX :(
>
>> If this board has silicon that linuxtv.org has drivers for, then yes we
>> can probably make it work.
>
> I could find out these symbols - only few of them makes some sence to me:
> (SAA7136E,CY7C68013A,TDA18271HDC1)
>
> NXP
> SAA7136E/1/G
> SH0780.1  06
> ZSG07361
>
> CY7C68013A-56LFXC 0731
> B 04 KOR
> CYP 640386
>
> AF9013-N1
> 0732 HKH2Y
>
> TDA18271HDC1
> P2KHT08 03
> cmG07121Y
> 9423
>
> LBNJN256721
>
> H207H
>
> 2464WP
>
> 24.000
> H.ELE.7K
>
> A827-C
>
>> Check the wiki. If it does not have pictures then please take some and
>> try to identify which parts the product uses. Once you have an accurate
>> wiki pages we can try adding support after that.
>
> Is there any chance this could work ?
> (I couldn't find anything in the kernel sources about these chips)
> Or should I return the product and buy something else ?

mkrufky has a working tda18271 driver, the 7136 decoder is already
supported as-is the cypress fx usb controller, so you might be in with a
chance.

Personally, I don't knw much about our USB v4l trees, or whether it will
be simple enough to add (atleast analog) support. Looks like digital
might be done via the AF9013, but that's a guess and I'm not familiar
with it, I think this is an Auvitek part.

Can anyone else confirm or help.

Regards,

Steve