Re: Problem with Hauppauge Nova-TD

You need both antenna connectors connected if you intend to use both tuners (dual tuner mode).
Tuner 0 seems to be the side connector and tuner 1 the top connector.

/Henrik

On Dec 14, 2007 8:49 AM, Nicolas Will < nico@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Thu, 2007-12-13 at 23:24 +0100, Luca wrote:
> Well... the device seem working properly after I put the firmware in
> /lib/firmware... maybe before I was using the wrong one... mah! Now
> dib0700 module say me that loads the firmware at ... (really two
> different firmwares, 1.10 and 03-pre).

As the wiki page says, you need to either:

rename the 1.10 firmware file to the 03-pre name
symlink 1.10 to 03-pre

You are not using the 03-pre at all, but you need the name as the code
did not change the hard-coded file name.

As with every firmware change, you need to cold boot the device, by
either unplugging the stick, or by *shutting off* (not just a reboot)
the machine.

> I don't know if it can work with both antennas... I'm playing with
> them,
> because I think it's an antenna problems...

The diversity feature (2 antennas) is certainly *not* supported at this
time.

> Kaffein is awesome! But sadly I cannot find any channel... sigh...

Make sure you are using the right firmware.

Nico