Re: Equinux TubeStick (AF9015) working fine with Antti and Manu's driver

Thank you for reporting. Manu's driver is different one as used by you.

Tim Hewett wrote:
> The Equinux TubeStick (USB2 DVB-T device for MacOS X) work great with
> the AF9015 patched drivers. I had to alter the second part of the USB
> ID from 0x9016 to 0x9015 to make it be recognised, but after that it
> is just fine. Thanks!

First AF9015 device that I have seen using 9015 as product id. I think
9015 is reference design and 9016 is used in production device. It is
easy to add new id.

> It is also able to record an entire multiplex, e.g. using the pseudo
> PID of 8192 with dvbstream.

It does not implement PID-filtering (needed by USB1.1) currently. Also
rather easy to implement.

> BTW the driver logs the device as AF9013 when it is detected, is that
> right?

Yeah, thats as it does currently. AF9015 is USB-brige + demodulator +
some other stuff integrated to one chip. There is also demodulator chip
AF9013 sold separately. Therefore I isolated USB-driver stuff and
demodulator driver code to own modules. Don't know if it is wise or not,
or if it is better to name demodulator driver module like af901x-fe...

> One request: to have a way to shut the device down when the host no
> longer needs it, e.g. when halting. The LED remains lit after power
> down and it stays quite warm, I guess the hardware is still active.
> This used to be a problem with the Mac software (called TheTube) but
> recent updates have fixed it so that the device powers down when the
> application is quit. It would be great to be able to add a line to the
> halt scripts to have it powered down at that time, or maybe even power
> the device down automatically when no application has it open any more.

This is also easy to implement, only few lines of code. Software
poweroff demodulator when not active.

regards
Antti