Re: ATI Theatre 650 card support?

CityK wrote:
> Baha Baydar wrote:
>
>> I've checked all the inf files on the driver CD and installed the card
>> in a MCE XP box but none of the .inf files contained the word xceive.
>>

> Thanks for checking.
>

>> If it would help I can package all the inf files from the driver CD in
>> a zip file and put them online if anyone would like to inspect them.
>>

> I'd advise that you don't host them --- on the, slim, off chance that
> the it attracts unwanted legal attention in regards to some sort of
> redistribution rights mumbo jumbo.  That said, if you want, you can
> email them to me and I'll have a quick look....I was going to just
> download the driver from AMD myself, but it looked like it was 50+ MB,
> so I can't be bothered.

Incidentally (before I forget), someone opened up the tin can's on the
newer  "TV Wonder 650 Combo PCI Express" version and reported what was
written on the chips in the wiki article
(http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/ATI/AMD_TV_Wonder_650_Combo_PCI_Express)
.  Given that information, I believe that the tuners can be (much to my
surprise) none other then the Texas Instruments SN761677, and have
adjusted the wiki entry accordingly.

Never heard back from Baha, so still no idea on the original PCI
variant. (http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/ATI/AMD_TV_Wonder_650_PCI).