Re: I2C NAKs and fails to respond during init of TDA18211

MikeW wrote:
> Michael Krufky <mkrufky <at> linuxtv.org> writes:
>
>> It's not wrong -- it's just missing.
>>
>> I said it before -- the driver is not tested with DVB-T --
>  I need a test case for it first.  Feel free to send in a
>> patch, since you DO have that test case.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Mike Krufky
>>

> Sadly I have not yet achieved FE_HAS_SIGNAL (TDA10048 reg 1A: FREQ_LOCK)
> with _any_ code, though I /have/ had FE_HAS_CARRIER,
> FE_HAS_SYNC & FE_HAS_VITERBI.
> Hence do not get FE_HAS_LOCK (TDA10048 reg 1A: FEL)
> Possibly need to get a spectrum analyser onto the IFOUT pins
> to see why the 10048 is not achieving proper lock.
>
> May be a 10048 setup mismatch ...
>
> On that basis I am not willing to submit patches, until I have
> demonstrably working tuning !

OK, that's understandable.

If you should decide to share your code as-is, I (or someone else) might be able to see a problem in it that you don't see yourself...

But, I'm not pushing it.  Show your code when you feel comfortable with it.  :-)

> PS. One of the RF techies said that silicon tuners were _much_
> harder work than "can" tuners, hence the increase in s/w needed
> to work them ...

*very* true ;-)

Good Luck,

Mike Krufky